Monday, August 18, 2008

Kristin VanVoorhis

Kristin "Penelope" VanVoorhis passed away Saturday, August 16th around 3:00 P.M. surrounded by family and friends. Kristin was born June 13, 1983 in Canton, Ohio to Marky and Joany VanVoorhis. Endowed with massive amounts of hair and a healthy interest in boys, Kristin was a pleasure to all who knew her. She attended Brigham Young University and graduated with a degree in Recreational Therapy, after which she took a job in Pleasant Grove at a care center. The work out video she created for her residents is still there. Kristin had a bright and lively personality. She enjoyed delighting those around her with her many accents and renditions of songs. She could also shake it like nobody's business. Kristin leaves behind her parents, her eldest sister, Vanessa, close friends, and any hope for a moderate climate. She will be deeply deeply missed...

I present to you Mrs. Anderson:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you just bawl while you were writing that? Very effective. And very brave of you to boldly address change that way. I usually try to ignore it. Maybe that's why I occasionally wake up and think: "I'm married with two kids! What?! Are you kidding me?!" Hmmm... Then I go back to not thinking about it.

Lohra said...

Surprisingly, no, maybe she won't be missed as much as I dread. :)

Kaydi Paxman said...

Lohra, next time you write a fake obituary you should not leave so much space between the prank and the punch line. Some of your loyal readers may not scroll down all the way and then may spend the rest of the day wondering how to console their friend who has suffered such a loss. just a suggestion. and i'm glad to know that Kristin lives on. :o)

Adam B said...

Too Funny...I really thought that was real! What humor!

Anonymous said...

Wait a second. That's me! I'm so happy to have made it on to your blog...and to know why you needed my birthplace info. Thanks for thinking of me.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristin--this is Laura (Pahler). Your name came to my mind today, so I looked you up online. I came across this page and was totally SHOCKED. I didn't realize it was a joke! Congrats on your wedding! I hope you have a wonderful life together! I've really missed you and hope all is going well.

The Everyday Housewife said...

Okay . . . I haven't heard from my dear sister, Kristin, for a while, so I was a little concerned when I came across this entry! I have some great pix of you and Krissy at the wedding, Laura! Send me your e-mail and I'll get them to ya!