Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Feliz Thanksgiving, at least one more time.

Another Thanksgiving spent abroad. Though, thankfully, this trip did not include an 18-hour time warp and supposedly edible sea creatures. Nope, just a bunch of cacti.
This holiday season I headed south to Arizona to visit an old roommate of mine. I got sick just in time to avoid eating a large Thanksgiving meal and make awkward dinner conversation with a couple guests. We played a quick game of Clue - which I lost because I neglected to accuse the Dining Room of killing Mr. Body with the Wrench in the Conservatory. The loss was too much and I spent the rest of the day napping on the couch. Me and a 9-month pregnant woman. Really, what's her excuse?

That night my friend (who is NOT the pregnant woman, just for the record), her husband, and I went to the park, looked at the stars, and finished each other's sentences. It would have been really romantic if I hadn't been alone...with a married couple.

The next day we headed up to the Grand Canyon. It may not be the longest or the deepest or the widest but I can assure you, it's the grandest. Much like Southern Utah it turns out.We also got in a little rock climbing. As you can see, it didn't offer much of a challenge. I basically ran up that sheer cliff face...as usual. But...so did Bryan and Kristin. I'm not sure what that means.Cheers, Thanksgiving! Cheers to you and yours.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Awesome pictures! I was hoping for an update of how things went! You two are certainly looking young and spry these days... I wish we all lived closer!

The Everyday Housewife said...

Sooo fun! Sorry you got sick. But then again, an excuse to miss out on awkward conversations and eat a bird . . . might just make the sickness worthwhile. Hope you are doing great!

Kristin said...

Well said, my friend, well said.

Chelsi Ritter said...

i have never hiked the grand canyon, i'm sorry to say. sounds like a great time. i never win at clue; my little sister happens to figure things out on the second round every time! glad you had a fun time, but sorry you got sick :(

bryan said...

Those pictures are babe-a-liscious. Especially the climbing ones.