Thursday, April 21, 2011

A weekend with Dad.

This last weekend my dad flew out to run the SLC half marathon with my sister and my cousin. The night before the race we went out for a late night carbo load at IHOP. I was tempted to get this:

Mmmmm...breakfast AND lunch!

The next morning I went out to see if I could catch a few action photos. What I got was this (mile 7):

Your guess is as good as mine...

My dad finished the race and I stole his medal so I could get a massage. Thanks, Dad!

Er, well...that's not actually true. I waited in line for a massage...I wanted a massage...I did run a little bit...plus, I had a polypro shirt on. I looked like a runner. Minus the sandals. Anyway, I didn't do it. I felt bad taking the spot away from an actual runner. I also didn't want to have to chit chat about the race. "So, how did it go?" "It was great! Didn't even break a sweat...!"

My dad was so worn out I thought it was the perfect time to lure him to the Apple Store for this:
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I am now the proud owner of a Macbook Pro...plus a wireless printer.

So, Dad...you coming out next year?

6 comments:

Allison said...

Yay for dads and massages and new computers! Loved seeing you last week.:)

The Beckstroms said...

I love the old family picture, you guys are so cute! Also, I agree, time goes way fast and I can't believe that I have an almost 4 year old. I still think that Matthew is 19...he is 26..I think :) The race looked fun, even if you were a poser for the pic. We should all go get the chicken and waffles sometime. It's huge out here in D.C.

mia said...

your dad gave you his metal and a mac book?! you lucky girl! looks like a fun weekend! i miss you lohra!! i'm going to start a campaign to get you to come play with me in vegas.

Josie said...

Wow! This post honestly makes me want to vomit! chicken & waffles together! What are they thinking? And, then running on top of that? Yuck! It's a bunch of gross things combined together in a post. Good thing you've got your family to keep the post alive. OH, and, of course, the mac - that always perks things up. Has anyone ever told you that you might be a bit SPOILED? Just wondering.

Anonymous said...

My princess spoiled? Inconceivable!

Shannon said...

Oh goodness! I went to Phoenix last month and we ate at Chicken and Waffles. It was amazing. i like the combo myself.