Monday, May 21, 2012

The abyss.

Guess what I been up to!

I graduated from college! Again. Hurrah! Hurrah! With 3 stars by my name. And an orange tassel. For engineering. Bam! 2012.

Don't you wish numbers could be capitalized sometimes?

2012
TWENTY TWELVE
!!!
I decided not to walk this time around. Perhaps because the University of Utah wasn't going to give me a huge, gold Christmas tree topping medal like BYU did. 

Bling.
Or maybe because my family wasn't going to be here. So instead I donned as much cougar blue as I could and headed to the Huntsman Center to congratulate my fellow students.
And get a picture taken with someone else's cap.
Whew. 

Before that, though, right in the middle of finals I went to Newport Beach with 11 other girls.
We rented a beach house, we bladed on the boardwalk, we played paddle ball, but mostly we just lounged in our suits in the sun. Or not...as the case might be...
This last semester was like my senior year in high school. Class? Homework? Bah, no problem! At least, that's what it was like when I wasn't trying to finish my Frankenstein monster Senior Design project. When my team wasn't using it to drill for oil or as a meat grinder, we tried to heat the system to 1000 degrees Fahrenheit in order to charge it so we could discharge it later to cool a refrigerator. It...didn't work. Whatever. 3.99 GPA maintained.
So I headed into May wrapping up life as I knew it. I had a plan which was beginning its termination sequence and I was about to be jettisoned into the great black unknown. Again. No job prospects. No alternate housing lined up. After spending 4 years on a mechanical engineering degree, I was making jokes about becoming homeless and unemployed...then I finally asked my boss if I could extend my internship through the summer and he immediately consented. Heheh...that was easy. 

Since then I've had a couple job interviews and figured out that I can live with my cousin if I need to. Which is great because the other housing offer I've had is to move into someone's garage. During a season with record high temperatures. I accept if you and your husband don't mind if I never wear clothes ever. And I actually live in your house.

Anyway, abyss averted!

6 comments:

Sara said...

BAM! 2012! Too bad you couldn't keep your senior design project...that would be a fine piece of machinery to take along with you anywhere. Congrats on being so great!!!

Kristin said...

Keep the posts coming...please and thank you.

Kristin said...

Congratulations on graduating! That's a good accomplishment.

Heidi said...

Yeah, Congratulations!!!

Josie said...

Ya!!! Congratulations! And, that looks like a WILD bunch of girls - no wonder you were concealing yourself as a middle eastern woman. :) You know you could always come and live in my basement and be a nanny! :) Of course, your pay would be room and board so, think about it. It seems it would fit with your life plan well. And, you could bring that sweet design thingy to discipline the kids with - and I would let you build whatever your heart desired. :) And, btw, we would have watched you walk - it's always very exciting. Especially if you could have tripped or something.

mia said...

I know this is a little late, but CONGRATS on graduating!!! You are seriously amazing! I miss you and hope we can somehow hang out soon!!