Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hello life, goodbye Greece.

For two blissful weeks I completely forgot I had a blog. I also completely forgot I had a life outside of harried picture taking, expensive souvenir shopping...and shopping...and shopping, beaker feta cheese, and an infinity in my swimsuit. It's understandably easy to do when you're living in a postcard. Not only did I temporarily postpone life as I knew it, I permanently left my job. Good thing because I took home the extra chocolate muffins from my farewell party and lived off of them for the next few days.
Now I'm back to the land of screaming babies and anti-Mormon sentiments. I did wake up in my own much needed comfortable bed to a thunderstorm this morning. In that small thing Utah gained back some points--the hail was a little much, though. My hair finally feels clean and my legs have had an adequate shave. For the next couple weeks I'll be writing about nothing more than my trip so brace yourself.

8 comments:

Becky said...

what a gorgeous picture. I'm jealous. :)

Audrey said...

I'm glad you made it home safe!

Mike and Emily said...

You're finally back! Geez. It seems like it was forever. Have you come to your senses and decided to come back to this world? Isn't the cafeteria worth it? The chocolate muffins? A second farewell party? Come on!!!....fine. whatever. Please post more pics of Greece.....

SHELLS BELLS! said...

Oh how I love Greece. Keep the pictures from your trip coming.

malibumoons said...

excited to hear about it. never been there, but it looks beautiful! did you go alone?

Melinda said...

Holy beautiful picture Batman!
Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Anonymous said...

Somehow the trip sounded more tantalizing in person...minus the leg shaving and hair washing details. Welcome home.

Lohra said...

Kristin, you should know by now that in all things on this blog, I only deal in extremes.