Monday, August 17, 2009

In honor of...well, me.

I was once told that optimists blame others for their problems and pessimists blame themselves. Which makes one wonder how optimists ever achieve personal growth and why pessimists don't just shrivel up and die from persistent catatonic despair. I guess the trick is to find a balance between the two. Become a realist. Blame the government.

Ba doom chsh. I'll be here 'til Thursday. Try the veal.

In other news, this is my 100th post!!Who knew it'd come out so thin? Let's celebrate regardless! If I had confetti and fireworks I would make them go off in your living room right now. Since I don't, I'll just use a lot of exclamation marks and hope you have a vivid imagination!!!!! (!!) !

It has been two years to the month since I started burdening mere acquaintances with my publicly secret hopes, dreams, and vindications. Still no denouement. I like to think of this personal periodical as something like an epic novel...though instead of compelling narratives on unjust imprisonment, war (and peace), vengeance, doomed empires, redemption, and the French Revolution...I give you monologues on school, work, family vacations, and embarrassing love conflagrations. I guess I haven't really had any of those...but IF I DID, you can be sure I would write about them.

So in the spirit of achieving something (like unto charity) I hope you'll keep tuning in.

Good night, and good luck.

I mean, thank you and...take...luck.

5 comments:

The Everyday Housewife said...

You are the best, Laura! I was so proud to be an optimist, but I'm not so sure anymore. I do like to blame others . . . Some introspection is going to happen this week. Miss ya!

Candice said...

Congrats! I am so honored to be a part of your readership.

Becky said...

take...luck! take it, care for it... take care of the luck...
gotta love Brian Regan!!!!! :)

krispy said...

Happy Anniversary! Are you taking that optimism quote from my college career? Shame. I'll show you contortion.

Chelsi Ritter said...

well said, fellow brian fan. this post is so great on so many levels, laura. it had me pondering (the beginning quote-i like it), it had me laughing out loud (try the veal), and it had me so freaking grateful that you keep blogging. keep it up; i love your posts!