Sunday, October 10, 2010

Season confusion.

It felt like winter today. You know those mornings when you wake up and the light is brighter because it's reflecting off of snow and the air is crisp and cold? You immediately want to rally the troops and go sledding or maybe just open all your blinds, curl up with a good book and some hot chocolate and look out at the beautifully laden trees. I don't love winter by any means...but some of its days I can appreciate - like right after a storm, when everything is glitteringly pristine and you feel somehow that the only appropriate thing to do is just stand there and admire, that the slightest sound would be sacrilege, and the smallest movement would be profane; or on days lit up by twinkling Christmas lights swaying to the tunes of Bing Crosby, Burl Ives, and Mariah Carey when all you can think about is hanging out all day in your pjs with your family.

Winter is not without its positive sides, but for now I'm glad it's not here. I have too many other things to enjoy first - like going into the canyon and shooting potato guns.



I was a little scared to do it because this was the result of one of our first efforts. Watch his right hand. Sorry about the scream...



I was going to say something about how I'm going to Huntington Beach this weekend just in case winter is, in fact, imminent...but it turns out it's actually going to be warmer here than it is there. Nothing like playing beach volleyball in mucklucks and a hoody, right?

2 comments:

Allison said...

sooo glad winter isn't here yet. Hopefully weeks of gorgeous pleasant fall left to enjoy. loved your videos and hearing your voice (and screams) :)

A STAR is born said...

Who is this boy? I demand answers. Come to California and give me answers.