Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pagan Sun Festival.

Apparently in some Northern European and Baltic countries people celebrate the summer solstice in a big big way. And why not? It's the longest day of the year! Might as well have one last hoopla before everything heads back to being dark and wintery again. Besides, they don't have Independence Day. Go America, right?!

Well this year, I celebrated both. My friends and I did the best we could with what we had. We ate traditional food (gourmet hot dogs and smores), wore head wreaths (leafy camouflage?), and jumped over a bonfire (or rather, a small fire in a fire pit...).
That concrete wall added a level of difficulty I was not anticipating. It was quite scary...also, exhilarating.
See how much fun we're having?

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I always knew there was something fishy about you.

Josie said...

But, what about being naked, didn't they tell you that part? Yes, you did it wrong, I guess you'll have to try again next year! :)

Chelsi Ritter said...

woah! did you singe anything? that could be a new tradition for you guys; jumping over the fire pit! yes, you look like you're having too much fun :)