Monday, August 01, 2011

July.

Whew! This month has been full, full, full! I will start at the beginning. Well, I'll start with week one.

July 2 my friend got married and I bought a really tight dress to wear for the wedding. Unfortunately, she's from central Utah so my only options were her 3rd cousins and they all came to the reception in Wranglers. Not that there's a problem with that, just that...there's a problem with that.
Nevertheless, it was a good time. Mostly I was glad her photographer captured the important people at the wedding. Me.

Then I went to our cabin in southern Wisconsin for some reading and respite. We played pool, we sailed, we swam, we watched fireworks, we caught fireflies -- :sigh: there were so many fireflies.
We looooove us some fireworks.
It turns out if you try to sail in the middle of a storm you end up soaking wet and muddy, having lost your flip flops and dropping your phone in the water. Good thing none of those happened to me. Next time, guys, next time.
Oh yeah, we also played Try-to-drop-popcorn-in-Laura's-mouth-and-if-you-miss-repeatedly-well-it's-no-big-deal. A real good time...

By July 7th we were off to Chicago where my mom and I were sealed for time and all...
Wait...nope...nevermind, hehe...that's right, my sister got married.
Relaxation over. Time to take a million jillion pictures in the sweltering hot and humid midwest sun.
Pictures pictures pictures picturespicturespicturespictures.

NOT such a good time.

After Chicago, we drove to the home of Michigan State where Kathryn had her first reception. Yes, yes, I said first. The second one (at home) was actually fun. This one was, ahem, well :cough-lame:. So my siblings and I played card games at our table. I ate 'til I looked pregnant then tried to dance it off. We last-minute decorated my sister's car...with empty water bottles and toilet paper...and...that was that.

And this is it for now. Just letting you know Bloggerismifica is stiiiiiiill kickin'. I'll fill you in on the rest when I'm not tired and hungry and you're not tired of looking at pictures of me.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Um, are you wearing purple nail polish? That sounds like something you'd make fun of me for! You seriously look so good in that dress! Miss you!

Unknown said...

Was that a sweaty armpit picture! Luv it! Thanks for the update. Man, you are on the ball!! So happy we got to see you Sunday. Have a great August! :)

The Everyday Housewife said...

That last comment was sooo not from Joan Van Voorhis. I need to tell her to stop logging in on my computer. :)

Allison said...

ha! I laughed out loud reading this. Looks like you are having a great summer Lohra. xo

Shannon said...

You're so hot Laura...even with pit stains. I miss you...I really do.

Candice said...

no wonder I haven't seen you all month. Bridesmaid duty. and you make a cute one.