Thursday, September 01, 2011

Leap of faith.

One of my other favorite moments during my time at home occurred at the Black Rocks, the local cliff jumping locale. My brother, James, was taking a turn and for the longest time he just stood there, staring out at the lake. We all thought he was nervous so we encouraged him to "just jump!"
It turns out he wasn't really nervous at all. He was trying to visualize his next move -- the leap of faith:
We were all shocked when he jumped off the cliff all horizontal and spread eagle. It was brave and it was bold. Usually this move ends in a dive...but James isn't the most coordinated...so his leap didn't turn out so dive-like. That determined soul tried THREE times with the same result:
 
Hahahahahahahaha.


Pretty cool though, right?

1 comment:

The Beckstroms said...

AH! I hurt looking at those pics. It is quite funny though, but I bet he hurt for days after his leap of faith :)