Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Something has to change.

The jobs I’ve had since I’ve graduated have been unstimulating, uninspiring, and completely unproductive…or maybe that’s just me… They have been shockingly similar, though: alpha female supervisor, tedious work, fear of getting fired due to distraction, strong temptation to quit, disgruntled coworkers...

As a result, I’ve thought a lot about going back to school for a different degree. (It’s true, I’m facing up to the facts--archaeology just isn’t for me. Turns out I don’t like contract jobs and creepy old men and surprisingly long trips to the desert. Weird, huh?) In an attempt to pinpoint my interests, talents, and inabilities, I decided to take some “exploratory” classes this fall at the Salt Lake Community College.

The class I’m taking right now is in Engineering Drafting and Design Technology. It’s Intro. to AutoCAD, which is a computer program drafters use to create accurate plans for fabricators. I’m not going to bother explaining how I chose this subject; I would like to maintain at least some level of mystery in my life.

Here are two of the more recent homework assignments. The house plan was perfect--I’m really loving italics right now--but something happened when I converted it to .jpg. You get the idea.


5 comments:

SHELLS BELLS! said...

Some level of mystery? Ha! You are an open book to me and I love it.

A STAR is born said...

Talk about mystery...who's the phantom poster of deleted comments? Cree-py.
Um...can you design my private island?

Leah said...

So, you never said. Do you like it?

Anonymous said...

So who are the disgruntled coworkers? Tupee Guy and Adventure lady?

Lohra said...

This blog is all sorts of shrouded in mystery! Code names, unanswered questions, phantom comments...the real question is: will they be able to solve the puzzle before it's too late?!