Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Get me outta here! (First installment)

Just recently I was reawakened to my deepest darkest desire: to travel the world. As depressing as the task was to compile a list of must sees, at least it's a list. That way I can avoid being distracted by must not necessarily sees. As in all things, this list is subject to change. Maybe you'll even get ideas for your list...and then we can travel together.


Greece/Turkey:
Athens (Acropolis, Agora, Parthenon), Corinth, Delphi, Meteora, Crete, Santorini, Mykonos, Ephesus, Istanbul (Hagia Sophia)








Italy:
Rome (Colosseum, Forum, Pantheon, Circus Maximus), Vatican City (St. Peter’s Square, Sistine Chapel), Herculaneum, Pompeii, Tuscany, Venice, Amalfi Coast, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre


Israel/Egypt/Jordan:
Jerusalem, Nazareth, Bethlehem, Galilee, Masada, Giza (the Great Pyramid), Valley of the Kings, Abu Simbel, Karnak, Petra


Cambodia:

Angkor Wat


India:
Taj Mahal






Russia:
St. Petersburg, Moscow (the Kremlin)






Tibet:
Potala Palace





Switzerland:
the Alps, Matterhorn, Geneva, Lake Lucerne


Africa:
Tanzania (Mt. Kilimanjaro, the Serengeti)

7 comments:

Kaydi Paxman said...

umm...when do we leave?

Lohra said...

Kaydi, we can leave whenever...do you mind checking the weather forecast?

A STAR is born said...

I'm so ill-traveled it makes me ill. Africa would be more than magical with you.

Chelsi Ritter said...

laura, your photos are incredible. you sure get around, eh? chelsi

Anonymous said...

ok, i just read your blog and realized you didn't actually take those photos....

Milly said...

I wanna come! if only I could just put life on hold for a few months, travel and then come back and pick life back up!

Jared Woolstenhulme said...

Sign me up. I need a break from life. :) I love your blogs. We just started one too... jaredandmarilou.blogspot.com