Monday, February 16, 2009

A few of my favorite things.

It doesn't involve shnitzel and noodles, but it does include fitting the word "shnitzel" in a song...among other things:

-Planning any trip with Stef. It's always a little bit rash and REALLY exciting.
-One night in Greece McCall and I were sharing a room and we laid on our backs with our swollen feet on the headboards looking at pictures and videos we had taken of the trip so far. We laughed so hard we cried...then we laughed until we couldn't breathe. It was awesome.
-Deep meaningful conversations. They make me shiver with subdued glee.
-Puppy chow...or muddy buddies depending on how cool you are.
-Sharing something with someone and having them love it as much as you do.
-Staying up late playing games with my family. It's tradition.
-Making people laugh in such a way that you know you've said something truly funny.
-A good snowfall where everything looks like a powdery sugar wonderland.-Getting so into a book that you stop taking care of your personal hygiene and just lay around and read in your pajamas all day.
-When Kristin tries to imitate an accent and you're never quite sure which one it's supposed to be.
-Wintergreen Lifesavers. My one addiction.
-Pleasant surprises. Like when my family went paintballing and my mom got really into it. Or when someone takes the time to care.-Impressing someone I admire.
-Playing in the rain.

Yeah...so if you're looking for ways to make me happy...turns out you can't really control most of these but...uh...if you loved me you'd find a way.

5 comments:

Stephen Anderson said...

You are certainly not alone on the one about Kristin trying to fake an accent...

Anonymous said...

So maybe I'll never be a Russian spy or a Lucky Charms spokesman, maybe I'll be booed off the stage at the ward talent show and embarrass all of my friends and associates, but at least I made it onto Laura's list of favorite things.

The Everyday Housewife said...

I'll make you some Muddy Buddies. I can do that one! Not so good at imitating accents like Krissy. She got all the talent!

Corinne said...

Really though, it is the simple things that make us the happiest! I love this list! You will have to tell me how Ireland is...maybe going over St Patricks day will mean extra gold at the end of the rainbow? If so, maybe you can sneak me a piece.

bryan said...

I like those bottom two pictures a lot...why do you seem to have such a large collection of good pictures?