Sunday, May 17, 2009

Calling all dreamers.

Apparently you're all mystified as well (thank you, Chelsi, for indulging me). No matter, I have something else that will hopefully be easier for you to help me with.

Currently, I have nothing to do this summer, which is great for 19 year olds but less great for people striving for adulthood--you know, a life devoid of carefree irresponsibility. Since it is what it is, I thought I should at least attempt to take full advantage while it's here. So if you found yourself jobless, school-less, and hapless, what is the one thing you would want to do out of anything?

Rule #1: It can't be very costly. Remember, I'm jobless.
Rule #2: I will not make a large kitty head out of paper mache and ride around the neighborhood so don't even suggest it.
Rule #3: It can't have anything to do with actually taking care of yourself, e.g., job searching, spring cleaning...you know, boring things.

In fact, chances are I won't actually do any of them. So far I've spent my time watching inane tv shows, reading outside, and thinking about cleaning my house. I don't really see why that should change at all...BUT if you have a dream that interests me I will fulfill it and then write about it so you know just how awesome or not awesome your dream actually is. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. Got it? Good. Now go at it.

8 comments:

Mighty Mel said...

I'm dreaming of sitting on the beach watching the waves roll in, smiling with your arm around Mickey Mouse while someone takes a picture (um, as long as it's before June 16 or after August 17--black out days, you know), basking pool-side while children play in the water nearby... Don't you want to come visit sunny SoCal?!

Mighty Mel said...

Um, nevermind. We just had an earthquake. Maybe you want to stay in Utah after all!

SHELLS BELLS! said...

Write a book.

Becky said...

ideas:
1. Come visit your favorite person in Spanish Fork, UT!!!! :) seriously...I'd love to see you again! Come anytime please!
2. Run a marathon. Or at least a 5K. You could do it with me too! I'm training. :)
3. Write a book.
4. Teach an aerobics class. :)
5. Travel the world...oh wait, you said not costly, nevermind.
Love ya!!!

krispy said...

If it was me, and if I were you, I would get all of your wedding planning done this summer so you don't have to stress when the time comes. Trust me, when the time comes and all you have to do is show up, you'll be grateful you took full advantage of your time during summer '09.

A STAR is born said...

Mmmm. Very good advice.
I've already given you 50+ things to do, but I suppose you've done all of those so you need more.
Get a landscaping job. I'm dead serious.

Anonymous said...

come boating with Rob and I....No seriously we need to get a group together before I get insanely giant and can't even fit in the maternity suit I occasionally muster the courage to wear.

Chelsi Ritter said...

let's get together (ya ya ya....) eric and i will be in boise this summer, and i'll be in salt lake now and then. let's do it!
another idea is you could get a full body massage at the utah college of massage therapy in salt lake. it's only 24 bucks, and on certain weekends it's 2-for-1. (just had to throw that out there, me being an lmt and all).
what else could you do....you could pump some iron on only one half of your body all summer, and then at the end compare sides (can you name that movie?).