Saturday, May 02, 2009

Oh gosh.

It is Saturday...and it's rainy...and I am SO bored!!! I feel like one of those little kids--shoulders hunched, pouty-lipped, hands dragging on the floor--wandering around the house complaining about how there's absolutely nothing to do. Of course...there are plenty of things to do but all of them responsible and none of them pleasant.

I don't even have anything to write about. I could tell you how I bought Fiddler on the Roof the other day for $5. Not because I have ever enjoyed it but because I have a need to prove I've grown up and now enjoy all things cultural--the same compulsion driving my desire to attend the symphony, I think.

Or I could tell you about how my first year of school is almost over and I have no motivation to study for my finals. Is it bad that I'm already tired of school? Only 3 more years to go...hard to believe. True nonetheless. It turns out engineering is easier than archaeology...or maybe the U just can't measure up to BYU. Though, it may have something to do with the fact that tests are easy when the professors allow you to bring in cheat sheets. Being brilliant doesn't hurt either. Neither does having a crush on your lab partner. It provides great motivation to do homework...constantly. Too bad that's over.

In the spirit of continued randomness, Mother's Day is coming up. Since I don't have any kids of my own and since I rarely give my mom anything for this holiday...she lives so far away, you see, I thought I'd post a few pictures in tribute and write three lengthy paragraphs on how my mom can beat up your honor student. Which is true...but I'm not going to write about it. If I happen to catch it on video, though, I'll be sure to post it on YouTube.

6 comments:

bryan said...

Sometimes I wish I had nothing to do...but at the end of last quater I finished my last final, ran outside rejoicing, looked around, and realized I had nothing to do and was already bored. It's strange how that works sometimes. Perhaps it's not BYU's superiority but the fact that your brilliance has been increasing exponentialy since you left BYU.

krispy said...

I agree with Bryan on the brilliance increasing exponentially. However, you said you would post a few pictures, and everyone knows "a few" means three or more. Let's see some more!

Lohra said...

I'm so anti-semantics these days, Kristin. Besides, I think those are the only pictures I have with my mother. Remember my sordid past?
I think you guys are right, though, working in the desert for nearly a year really did something for my IQ.

The Everyday Housewife said...

Beautiful pix of you and your mom! And . . . you are brilliant! Could you please inconspicuously take a pix of your lab partner and post it?!

Mike and Emily said...

Are you calling the church a desert? (gasp!)

Chelsi Ritter said...

laura you are such a cute little kid! eric and i went to the opera the other day. talk about feeling cultural! it was fun though. and no, you shouldn't feel guilty about not wanting to study for your finals. i'd think you were weird if you did want to study for them. 5 years of college were enough for me! my hat goes off to you.