Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The learning curve.

An excerpt from my Thermodynamics textbook:

"In daily life, the concepts of Mr. Right and Ms. Right are also idealizations, just like the concept of a reversible (perfect) process. People who insist on finding Mr. or Ms. Right to settle down are bound to remain Mr. or Ms. Single for the rest of their lives. The possibility of finding the perfect prospective mate is no higher than the possibility of finding a perfect (reversible) process. Likewise, a person who insists on perfection in friends is bound to have no friends."

Logic - infallible. Grammar - impeccable.

I pay a pretty price for this kind of education, people.

4 comments:

The Everyday Housewife said...

Happy WAY BELATED B-Day, Happy Germany?!, and I'm sorry, I have no friends, not even in Munich. I love your "learning curve" post, Laura. You are the best!

Chelsi Ritter said...

that was in your textbook? interesting.....
laura can i just be you for the summer? munich, germany?? hello! and then italy? hello!

Kristin said...

I always did well with story problems. Do you think you could submit that story to the New Era to earn some extra cash?

A STAR is born said...

I will die alone.