Wednesday, June 23, 2010

World Cup 2010.

Quite honestly, I had been a bit disappointed with the World Cup thus far. I'm in Europe for heaven's sake. Shouldn't there be plundering, pillaging, dangerous riots, and cars burning in the streets? Based on the dull response of those living in Munich, one would have thought Germany LOST its first game.

Then they actually DID lose despite being granted a penalty kick...who misses a penalty kick?
Tonight was the final game of the first round. USA had already earned themselves a spot to move on by scoring in the extra minutes at the end of the game. Talk about pushing it. So tonight I went to a pub just off of Marienplatz to watch Deutschland attempt the same. We watched outside. Germany won. Instead of going straight to the U-bahn at Marienplatz (like we did after the first game) we walked past Odeonsplatz to the university. It turns out I had just been in the wrong part of town earlier for there was definitely some celebrating worth celebrating.

Doesn't the guy in this video sound way scary? Typical German.

I've been meaning to post video on here for awhile now but unfortunately my camera is so awesome it records in HD...in a file format no one uses...and it's taken me a little while to figure out how to convert it. Now I just need to figure out how to convert it without the little advertising stamp. No time, no time!

I think it's pretty obvious why we decided to take the next train.

Jawohl!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Doesn't look like much plundering, pillaging, dangerous riots, or cars burning. But it does look like fun!!

The Beckstroms said...

We've been reading your blog to Gigi and she loves it and thinks you are hilarious just as we do. Glad you are having a good time!