Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The creative means I have at my disposal.

Since I'm lacking subject matter for new posts, I've decided to respond to Stef's question: If you were to retire right now, what would you do with your time?

It really wasn't a difficult list to compile. I think a lot about everything I want to do but can't because I must merely survive. So here you go. I would:

1. Return to the Archives as a Church Service Missionary--I just can't get enough of this place
2. Travel, travel, travel (look forward to the second and final installment of my travel blog)
3. Develop my natural abilities
4. Keep up my blog with greater fervor
5. Rock climb
6. Become musically inclined--I did write a song recently so I'm well on my way...
7. Write letters to the editor...or maybe just a book
8. Read
9. Date. Work is really the only thing that keeps me from getting this accomplished--work and pretend crushes who quelch my spirit.
10. Take really great pictures
11. Drive slowly
12. Play the stock market
13. Geneology work--I'm serious

Uh, yeah, so that's what I would do to retire from the active life. Afterlife? Vampires? Eclipse. Get it now at Frost's Bookstore.

6 comments:

SHELLS BELLS! said...

Thank you for the plug about Eclipse! Seriously, everyone go buy it right now. Your life will never be the same. There's just something about vampires.

A STAR is born said...

Excellent. Well played. 13 things to do with your after-active life! I'm very excited about your desires to drive slowly.

Bethany said...

Hi Laura - Chelsi and Eric Ritter tipped me off on your blog. I hope we can catch up! Its been years since field school and graduation - so I feel there are so many things to talk about. I am in Oregon in Graduate school, trying to figure out what to do with my life ... I think I might finally know, but we will see. Great blog, I can't wait to read more! Hope to hear from you soon!

Bethany said...

Oh - by the way - this is Bethany Johnson :)

Anonymous said...

If you look like that old man in the picture when you retire, I'll give you 50 bucks...which you could use to travel, publish your book, or date the stock market. Think about it.

Lohra said...

Date the stock market? If I'm not playing that, should I play the field instead?