Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Let's talk about dating.

October is my month…was my month.

In lieu of a formal dating review, let’s just say that during the past month my dating life has gone through dramatic changes. I would say that the amount of dates I’ve been getting has increased fourfold but anyone who’s taken math remembers that anything times zero is still zero…so the difference lies merely in the fact that I am now going on dates and they haven’t been set-ups! Guys have asked for my number and then actually called. It’s really strange.

This anomaly of success has become kind of a standing joke--at least to me it has, I’m not sure if anyone else finds it that funny. They’re probably tired of hearing me talk about it. It’s just that I keep expecting my life to go back to normal and when it doesn’t, I want to have a good laugh--a good hearty laugh.

I’m really not sure how girls keep this up. It’s kind of exhausting trying to keep them all straight and remembering what I’ve told who and who’s told me what. Who’s on first? What’s on second. As if that whole Abbott and Costello routine weren't enough, then I’ve got to decide how I feel about all of them!

So…uh…Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

Milly said...

dating is crazy!!! It can drive one crazy..but you deserve to be asked out...you are rad!

bryan said...

Apparently the secret is to chose one and mary him/her. I haven't mastered this yet myself.

SHELLS BELLS! said...

Maybe you should keep a small notebook with you at all times and when on a date you can take a bathroom break and write notes as to what you have talked about. Then at the end of the night you can review the conversation and you'll know who's on 1st.
Yay for your dating adventures.

A STAR is born said...

You've told me the same story at least 6 times. I wish you would remember what we talk about when we go out.

Anonymous said...

I'll tell you who's on first and it's not pretty...go straight to second. Pass Go and buy the Red Hotel.