Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's still about war. Peace...anti-war...peace.

You know, I wish I could say that I am gearing up for some excellent, blog war winning posts, that I'm fine tuning my humor and brushing up on infrequently used vocabulary words, or that I have some posts up my sleeve that will blow my unsuspecting blogging nemeses and soon-to-be victims out of the proverbial water...but apparently I only have long sentences and little to say.

I am tired.

Like so few others, I have faithfully updated despite the lack of reciprocation (remember I give so you'll give). I have waited patiently for blogging antagonists to run up their flags and return to the front line. Now they are allegedly back and I have nothing left to give.

In the spirit of Christmas I am sidling away from my throne, I am relinquishing the stage...but I will not be gone for long. Like General Douglas MacArthur I am not retreating--I am merely advancing in another direction. Like a wave that recedes only to crash with greater strength upon the sandy foundation of your blog, I will return.

It gives me great pleasure knowing the sleeping giants are rousing, because like Goliath, they too shall fall.

7 comments:

A STAR is born said...

Oh man. I will crush you. Er, uh, your nemeses will crush you.
Problem is, I think I often have long sentences and not much to say. Oh well.

SHELLS BELLS! said...

Don't forget that you and Stef are the reason I started a blog. Keep the posts coming. I need you.

Chelsi Ritter said...

i check for your posts everyday, laura! don't keep me waiting too long!

Jared Woolstenhulme said...

Now listen. Blogs are for keeping people updated and I check yours frequently. I would be terribly let down if you stop! (I did find a little trick to find out if people are actually checking out your site...aka if you are blogging for nothing...free hit counters! They are fantastic, so even though people may not leave comments you know someone was there)

Brittney said...

I updated my blog, finally! Not that I'm competing or anything. Just thought you'd like to know.

A STAR is born said...

Um...tag. You're it. Read my blog, sucka.

Kaydi Paxman said...

Advancing in another direction, eh? even if your anti-war sentiments you're able to out blog most. good work, young warrior.