Thursday, December 06, 2007

Sometimes it hits me.

I haven't been home in a year...and I miss it.

I miss my little brothers who I haven't seen in a year. I miss sledding in our front yard. I miss celebrating Easter. I miss late-night games. Our fireplace! Snow football. I miss acting like a kid. Family scripture and prayer. Taco Bell runs. Movies in the sunroom. Grilled cheese sandwiches on Sunday. Bike rides. The candy drawer at my dad's office. Raiding my mom's candy stashes at home. I love candy. Acting like a kid again. Thunderstorms and playing in the rain. Watching soccer and going to Frosty Treats. Fall colors. My dad's book collection. Getting stuck in the driveway. Trampoline basketball. Saturday basketball. The hammock. Reading for hours. Lake Superior. Woods! Watching the Packers. Unlimited summer rentals from Blockbuster. No obligations. Trips to the Lake. Quoting movies. Childhood memories...

Oh man, Christmas can't come soon enough.

Sledding in the front yard. The end result of which is inevitably this:
Ring out wild...pans? Literally ringing in last year's New Year.

Believe it or not, this is home.

4 comments:

Chelsi Ritter said...

i would love to check out michigan! it looks beautiful. so you're going home for christmas? that's awesome! we didn't get to go home last year and it was rough.

SHELLS BELLS! said...

Yay for home! Be sure to wear a helmet when sledding.

Jared Woolstenhulme said...

"There's no place like home, there's no place like home..." Fun pictures

Anonymous said...

Your article about your family makes me miss them, and we're not even related. Does it count that I'm practically soul sisters with your mom?