Thursday, October 02, 2008

What the...?

I waited for weeks. I prepared myself mentally. I practiced in the mirror…raised eyebrow, look of bewilderment, just a hint of a smirk. I picked a day when I would have time. Time to get ready. Time to do my best.

I did my hair. I put on makeup. I specifically wore a blue shirt. Just to spite them in my mind. I left my house early. I laughed inwardly at how great it would be. I thought somehow he was sharing my joke.

This is the result of my efforts. THIS is who I’ll be for the next 4 years:


Congratulations Utah, it seems you’ve won this time.

7 comments:

Mike and Emily said...

It's a beaut!

Kaydi Paxman said...

I like it, very nontraditional :o)

Angie said...

i love out!!! you're so funny!

SHELLS BELLS! said...

Awesome. I am so happy you wore a blue shirt. Go BYU!

Becky said...

GO BLUE!! i miss you laura!!

The Everyday Housewife said...

It looks like you are thinking . . . Where am I and what am I doing here?!

The Beckstroms said...

I laughed so hard at what you wrote. Thanks for keeping our life humorous! It was good to see you conference weekend. What are you and Dave doing for Thanksgiving...are you going home?