Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"It is a truth universally acknowledged..."

Tomorrow I embark on a grand adventure. Tomorrow I begin my journey into true womanhood. Tomorrow I do a thing I've been avoiding most of my adult and feminine life. Admittedly, I have had to transition into it slowly...and transition I have. This past year has seen me having my nails done, wearing hot pink in public, letting my friends do my hair, and being asked out for Valentine's Day (...twice!)--all very womanly things. So you see, it's time.

Tomorrow...I start reading Pride and Prejudice. Pretty soon I'll be nothing but giggly goodness and strategically timed elbow touches.

I do turn 26 in two weeks. Maybe I'll have a coming of age party. You know, present myself to society...my parents never got around to that when I was 13.

9 comments:

Becky said...

you, my friend, are hilarious. i love you!

Telle said...

Welcome to womanhood. Congratulations!

SHELLS BELLS! said...

I can't wait to attend your coming of age party!

Shannon said...

Wow! That is a HUGE step in becoming a woman. Congratulations. Umm...have you ever watched the movies? If not, will you watch them with me? I have them on DVD and have been wanting to watch them again for months!

Mike and Emily said...

It is about time, you slacker!

Chelsi Ritter said...

i love your new blog title, laura. i think we should all follow suit, you know, put it all out there. it's refreshing!

The Everyday Housewife said...

OOOh! The giggly goodness and elbow touches sound scary! I think you should skip that part! Have a fabulous b-day!

Brittney said...

Ugh. May you, unlike myself, be able to actually finish the book. It was either put it down or spend a lot of time gagging, so I chose to put it back on the shelf. Most people like it, though. I know one girl who reads it probably several times a year. May you enjoy it! You woman, you...

Anonymous said...

So what prompted this plunge into womanhood?