Sunday, March 22, 2009

A necessary amendment.

***The views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect the official policy or position of persons mentioned or otherwise involved***

It has so recently come to my attention tonight that I have committed a very gross error. I have done what no self-respecting person should ever do. I have plagiarized.

Two weeks ago, in an attempt at incriminating humor, I wrote about being "perpetually single." A phrase, though conjured up and threatened to be used during one of our one-on-one banter sessions, was originally coined by my life coach, Stefanie Star, Esq., Inc. While I try to avoid getting in the habit of apologizing for my actions and since I'm determined to continue using someone for writing material, I feel the need to give credit where credit is due--return the rights to the people--no taxation without representation (Rev. Jonathan Mayhew, 1750). Condemned to the truth I will merely add that the sombrero picture is to be accounted to her as well, though I will take full responsibility for the face. In tribute to the originator of all my original ideas, Stef, I thank you from the bottom of my obsequious heart. Truly, you have effected my life.

8 comments:

A STAR is born said...

Oh brother.

Mike and Emily said...

obsequious. I like it.

Mr. Walker said...

Originality is undetected plagiarism.
-William Ralph Inge

Lohra said...

What a fine quote, B. Walker, thank you! I wonder who he got it from.

bryan said...

good luck with that obsequiosness. I hear it's quite a challenge. I hope the trip to Ireland was splendid indeed. Also, belated happy birthday....you're doing all sorts fun things these days. You're practically a celebrity. And just to be obnoxious, 'effected' = 'affected.'

Lohra said...

Thank you for the well-wishes and thank you also for allowing me to say that 'effected' was very pointedly on purpose. Read it again. Appreciate my subtlety.

bryan said...

Okee Dokee. Hey, How come when I tried to leave a comment on one of your older posts it didn't work? I tried to post it and it just took me back to the 'leave your comment' page here.

Lohra said...

It worked. I just had to 'moderate' it. You know, make sure people aren't leaving useless comments on old posts. :)