Monday, August 22, 2011

Do I have to...?

School starts tomorrow. 
There's a part of me that wants to skip. Which wouldn't be that difficult since I don't know where my classes are yet. Can't get myself to print off my schedule. I didn't even know when school started until last week. Couldn't be bothered to look. Or rather, I refused to accept the fact that summer was coming to a close for me. And now it's essentially over.

The end-of-the-summer blog post generally consists of a frenzied array of pictures. A frenetic photo update. This time is no different. Here's what I've been up to recently:

I went sailing/swimming in the Great Salt Lake. At sunset.
I went climbing on the side of a waterfall (!!). It was FREEZING but it was awesome.
I saw a moose! First time ever.
I went to Island Park again. A little water skiing, a little tubing, a little dance party in the boat, and a loooooot of relaxing. :sigh:
 
 
I hiked up a mountain called The Pfeifferhorn. It's an 8 hour hike up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Und eets sehr shteep, ja.
 I went with my boss. Weird? Maybe.
Kristin came into town and brought baby Nora. Nora didn't like me very much. Well, she did...just from afar.

And now? No more fun. Just books and books and headaches and tests and homework and books. One more year, folks.

4 comments:

SHELLS BELLS! said...

Yes, you have to. And you will be a rockstar again this year. I even nominated you to be the commencement speaker. You're welcome.

Stephen Anderson said...

Don't feel bad. Nora doesn't like me either. Or anyone as far as I can tell...

Katherine Lewis said...

ONE MORE YEAR! ONE MORE YEAR! That's some exciting news. At least you've had an awesome summer. And, now I get why you didn't HATE swimming in the great salt lake--you weren't on shore. The shore is narsty-narst.

The Island Park trip sounded amazing--so sad I missed it by just a few days!

Anonymous said...

You're up on one ski looking great? I am so jealous. Where did those genes come from and how come mine are all recessive?