Saturday, January 31, 2009

Get me outta here! (Final installment)

Remember a long time ago when I compiled a list of places I want to visit sometime? I never finished posting the list so in lieu of having anything better to write...here's the rest of it:

...Archaeology would have never been able to support this habit.

Guatemala:
Tikal, Lake Atitlan


Brazil:
Iguacu Falls, Rio de Janiero


Australia/New Zealand:
Sydney, the Outback (Ayer's Rock), the Great Barrier Reef, Mt. Doom


Tahiti:


Galapagos Islands:


Easter Island:


Antarctica:

Stateside:

Hawaii (Kauia, Pearl Harbor), the Grand Canyon, Mt. Rushmore, Alaska (Katmai, Denali, Mt. McKinley), J. Paul Getty Museum in Malibu, CA (random, I know), every other state I've never been to and of course, no list like this would be complete without...the Hoover Dam


With all these travel destinations in mind, would you care to take a guess as to where my family chose to spend our spring vacation?

...

It turns out it didn't make my list at all. Though we all know that means almost nothing to me.

Ireland...we're going to IRELAND!! Ha! Leprechauns and...4-leaf clovers and all-you-can-eat Lucky Charms! But wait! There's more! We're going over St. Patrick's Day! Oh man...can you tell I'm excited? I am a little bit concerned though...the only thing I know how to say in Irish is "top o' the marnin' to ye." On the other hand, my mom does do a great Irish accent...so maybe we'll be able to skate by.

3 comments:

The Everyday Housewife said...

How fun!! I love Ireland with all of those mean, nasty leprechauns and all of those potatoes they dig out of the ground. I just know you are going to meet some fabulous guy with a great Irish accent! Can't wait to hear about the trip!! Tell me if they really pinch people over there when they don't wear green, or if that is just a ridiculous American tradition!

Kristin said...

That turtle looks very very familiar. Bring me back a lucky charm!

Anonymous said...

After watching the movie "P.S. I love you" I fell in love with Irish men and the land. Both beautiful and worth looking at. However, I don't know if Hollywood skewed it as they do most things. Eh, I'm jealous anyhow.